- refrigerated butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 ¼ cups low-fat biscuit and baking mix
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 packet artificial sweetener
- 6 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 12 tablespoons fat-free, no sugar added frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, and sweetener, mixing until just combined.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface or pat by hand into a circle 1/3 inch thick.
- Using a 2-inch biscuit cutter, cut out 6 biscuits, reusing scraps as needed. Place the biscuits on prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray the tops of the biscuits with cooking spray and bake for 10 minutes, until nicely browned and done. (Take care to not let the bottoms get too brown.)
- Split the biscuits in half horizontally, placing a half in each of 12 dessert dishes. Top each with 1/2 cup of the strawberries and 1 tablespoon of the whipped topping. Serve at once.
|Per serving:||82 calories (12% calories from fat), 2 g protein, 1 g total fat (0.2 g saturated fat), 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 159 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 carbohydrate (1/2 bread/starch, 1 fruit)|