- ¼ cup margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups sifted all-purpose flour
- cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons no sugar added raspberry fruit spread
- Preheat over to 350°F
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg white and vanilla. Beat well.
- Stir in flour in 3 parts, stirring well each time until the flour is well-incorporated.
- Using your hands, form dough into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet that has been lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Using your thumb, press a hole in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of the raspberry fruit spread into center of each cookie.
|Per 1-cookie serving:||85 calories (31% calories from fat), 1 g protein, 3 g fat, trace dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 43 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 carbohydrate (bread/starch)|