Total: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 16-ounce can solid-packed pumpkin or 2 cups cooked pumpkin
- 1/3 cup spoonable brown sugar substitute
- 2 ½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 ounces evaporated skim milk
- 1 9-inch chilled, unbaked pastry shell (store-bought or you can follow the link in the directions to a recipe for Basic Pastry Dough)
If you'd like to make your own pie crust, you can follow our Basic Pastry Dough recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together pumpkin puree, brown sugar substitute, granulated sugar, egg substitute, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Gradually add evaporated skim milk, whisking thoroughly.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 350°F and continue to bake for another 40 to 50 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving.
|Per serving:||145 calories (32% calories from fat), 6 g protein, 5 g total fat (0.5 g saturated fat), 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 1 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium|
|Exchanges:||1 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch), 1 fat|