Pumpkin Cookie Bars
- baking spray with flour
- ¼ cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 large egg whites
- ¾ cup one-to-one sugar substitute
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 16-ounce can unsweetened pumpkin
- ¼ cup currants
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine egg substitute, egg whites, sugar substitute. dry skim milk, canola oil, and pumpkin. Mix for about 2 minutes. Stir in currants.
- Sift dry ingredients over the mixture and fold in. Place the batter into he prepared pan and bake for about 40 minutes until the batter springs bake when touched in the center. Cool in the pan and cut into 36 bars.
|Per 1-bar serving:||56 calories (23% calories from fat), 2 g protein, 2 g total fat (0.1 g saturated fat), 10 g carbohydrates, 1 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 39 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1/2 carbohydrate (bread/starch)|