- baking spray
- ¾ cup canned pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- ¼ teaspoon orange extract
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with aerosol spray.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of the pineapple chunks. Puree until smooth in a food processor or blender. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together pureed pineapple, egg, pineapple juice, orange extract, and oil.
- Add the flour, baking soda and powder and beat again.
- Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup pineapple chunks.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Smooth the top and bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool and cut into squares. (Alternatively, you can make this in small, round casserole dishes.)
|Per 2 squares:||82 calories (19% calories from fat), 2 g protein, 1 g total fat (0.2 g saturated fat), 14 g carbohydrate, trace dietary fiber, 18 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 carbohydrate (bread/starch)|