Peanut Butter Squares
- cooking spray
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup sugar substitute
- 1 cup ripe mashed banana (2 to 3 bananas)
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the egg, peanut butter, sugar substitute, and banana until smooth.
- Stir in the milk.
- Into a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Beat dry ingredients into egg and banana mixture.
- Stir in the peanuts.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan. Bake for 30 minutes until browned.
- Cool completely and cut into 25 squares.
|Per 2 squares:||108 calories (37% calories from fat), 4 g protein, 4 g total fat (0.8 g saturated fat), 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 18 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 carbohydrate (bread/starch), 1 fat|