Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Total: 30 minutes
- cooking spray
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup margarine (at room temperature)
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons 1% milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup dark raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat a large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Into a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the margarine and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg, milk, and vanilla. Beat well.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, 1/4 cup at a time, beating after each addition until the flour is incorporated.
- By hand, stir in rolled oats and raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to racks to cool.
|Per 2-cookie serving:||155 calories (33% calories from fat), 2 g protein, 6 g total fat (1.0 g saturated fat), 24 g carbohydrates, 1 g dietary fiber, 12 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 1/2 carbohydrate (bread/starch), 1 fat|