Frozen Bananas on a Stick
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1 4-ounce carton fat-free vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup Grape Nuts cereal
- Peel bananas and cut in half crosswise.
- Insert a wooden stick into the flat end of each banana half.
- Using a small spatula, spread some of the yogurt onto the sides of each banana half and immediately roll in the Grape Nuts.
- Place on a waxed-paper lined baking sheet and freeze firm (should take about an hour).
- Once frozen, wrap each banana in plastic wrap or insert into a self-sealing plastic bag. Eat frozen.
|Per Serving:||106 calories (3% calories from fat), 3 g protein, trace total fat (0.1 g saturated fat), 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 1 mg cholesteroll, 75 mg sodium|
|Diabetic Exchanges:||1 1/2 carbohydrate (1/2 bread/starch, 1 fruit)|