Easy Carrot Cake
- baking spray with flour
- 1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup one-to-one sugar substitute
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon (8 g) nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 large egg white
- 1 ½ cups finely grated carrots
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans
- ¼ cup currants
- 1 6-ounce can unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- frozen non-fat, sugar-free whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Preheat oven 350°F. Coat an 10 inch spring form pan with cooking spray.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the sugar substitute, dry milk, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt. Stir to mix well.
- Mix in the oil and egg substitute using a low setting on your electric mixer. Fold in the carrots, walnuts, currants and pineapple.
- Spread in the prepared pan and bake until a tooth pick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool in pan, remove the outside of the cake pan and slice.
- If using, top with thawed whipped topping.
|Per serving:||155 calories (44% calories from fat), 4 g protein, 8 g total fat (0.6 g saturated fat), 20 g carbohydrates, 1 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 204 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 1/2 carbohydrate (bread/starch), 1 1/2 fat|