The Best Pineapple Cheesecake
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 14 double graham cracker cookies, finely crushed (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup non-fat buttermilk
- 1 slice white bread
- 1/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons natural vanilla
- 6 packets DiabetiSweet
- ¼ cup water
- 1 12-ounce can crushed pineapple, packed in natural juice, well drained
- To prepare crust: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9" pie pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until lightly browned. (Since ovens vary in temperature, check after 12 minutes. Do not allow it to over-brown.) Cool before filling.
- To prepare filling: In a food processor or blender, combine everything except the pineapple. Process until smooth. Fold in crushed pineapple.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until set. Cool in refrigerator.
Note: The filling can be baked without the crust.
|Per serving (with crust):||190 calories (38% calories from fat), 5 g protein, 8 g total fat (3.9 g saturated fat), 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 51 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 1/2 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch, 1/2 fruit), 1 fat|