Total: 30 minutes
- cooking spray
- 1 cup blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or a combination
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup evaporated skim milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat a 6-inch round metal baking pan with cooking spray. Spread the berries in the pan and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon orange zest.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and oil. Whisk in the egg until the mixture is thick and smooth. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt, alternating with milk, stirring until combined. Stir in remaining orange zest.
- Spread the mixture over the berries. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until tester inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack before serving.
|Per serving:||124 calories (40% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 6 g total fat (0.6 g saturated fat), 16 g carbohydrates, 1 g dietary fiber, 36 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 carbohydrate (1/2 bread/starch, 1/2 fruit), 1 fat|