Applesauce Raisin Drops
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 8 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar Twin
- 1 large egg (or 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute)
- 1 1/3 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups quick-cooking oats cereal
- 1 cup seedless raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheets with no stick baking spray.
- Into small bowl, sift together first seven ingredients; set aside.
- In large bowl, cream margarine until fluffy. Blend in Brown Sugar Twin and egg. Alternately add sifted dry ingredients and applesauce; blend well. Stir in vanilla, oats, and raisins.
- Drop by tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheets then flatten. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until firm.
|Per drop:||82 calories (37% calories from fat), 2 g protein, 4 g total fat (0.6 g saturated fat), 12 g carbohydrate, 7 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium|
|Exchanges:||1 carbohydrate (1/2 bread/starch, 1/2 fruit), 1 fat|