Almond Sugar Cookies
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch cream of tartar
- 32 almond slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, cream margarine and sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Stir in egg white and almond extract.
- Gradually add flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar; mix well.
- Form into 1/2-inch balls. Place on a non-stick cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Dip a glass into flour and press down on each ball to flatten cookie. Top each cookie with an almond slice.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on pan for 3 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely
|Per 2-cookie serving:||90 calories (40% calories from fat), 2 g protein, 4 g total fat, 10 g carbohydrate, trace dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 49 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 carbohydrate (bread/starch), 1 fat|