All-Day Applesauce with Frozen Yogurt
- 2 pounds Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 1/4-cup scoops fat-free, no-sugar-added vanilla frozen yogurt
- grated nutmeg
- Lay apple slices in a 3-quart or larger crockery slow cooker. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 1/2 to 8 hours.
- To serve, spoon hot apples into 6 dessert dishes. Top each with a scoop of frozen yogurt. Lightly sprinkle with nutmeg and serve.
|Per serving:||159 calories (3% calories from fat), 2 g protein, 1 g total fat (0.1 g saturated fat), 40 g carbohydrates, 4 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 25 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||2 1/2 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch, 1 1/2 fruit)|