Coeur a la Creme
(makes 8 servings)
|2||cups (460 gm) plain nonfat yogurt|
|2||cups (450 g) nonfat ricotta cheese|
|grated zest of 1 lemon or orange|
|1/4||teaspoon (1.25 ml) pure vanilla extract|
|3||cups (450 g) strawberries, hulled and sliced|
- Using a food processor or electric mixer, combine the yogurt and ricotta cheese; process until smooth.
- Line a colander or basket with a double layer of cheese cloth, letting cloth hang over the edges. Spoon the cheese mixture into the colander. Fold cheese cloth over top and place colander over a bowl or baking dish to catch the whey. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Scrape the cheese from the cheesecloth and add the lemon zest and vanilla. Mix well.
- Line a 3 cup (708ml) heart-shaped mold (or the draining basket) with cheese cloth, again allowing cloth to hang over the edges. Spoon the cheese mixture into the mold, smoothing the top with the back of a spoon. Fold cheesecloth over cheese; chill for 3 hours.
- To serve, unfold cheesecloth and invert mold onto a serving platter. Remove cheesecloth. Surround with the berries
|Per serving:||96 calories (0% calories from fat), 12 g protein, 0 total fat (0 saturated fat), 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 6 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 very lean protein, 1 carbohydrate (1/2 fruit, 1/2 skim milk)|