Sun-dried Tomato Spread
You can use the spread on bagels for a flavorful breakfast or brunch! It would also make a great snack.
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes and drained
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced scallion
- 2 tablespoons finely minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Finely mince soaked sun-dried tomatoes and mix with scallion, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, combine ricotta (discard any liquid) and sun-dried tomato mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
|Per serving:||353 calories (4% calories from fat), 26 g protein, 2 g total fat (0.3 g saturated fat), 3 g dietary fiber, 10 mg cholesterol, 726 mg sodium|
|Exchanges:||2 very lean meat, 1 vegetable|