Peanut Butter Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats (or quick oats)
- ½ cup wheat germ
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dark raisins
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats and wheat germ.
- Place peanut butter and brown sugar in a microwave-safe dish. Mix well. Microwave on high for 20 seconds, until warm. Stir again.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over the cereal and toss to evenly coat. Stir in raisins.
- Spread evenly in a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Cool before serving.
- Store any leftover granola in self-sealing plastic bags.
|Per serving:||345 calories (34% calories from fat),, 14 g protein, 14 g total fat (2.9 g saturated fat), 46 g carbohydrate, 7 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 104 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 medium fat protein, 3 carbohydrate (2 1/2 bread/starch, 1/2 fruit), 1 fat|