Crustless Spinach Quiche
- 1 1-ounce package frozen chopped spinach
- 4 ounces skim milk Swiss cheese
- 2 slices day old bread, crusts removed and broken into small pieces
- 12 ounces egg substitute
- 3 scallions, whites and 1 inch green, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8- or 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Thaw the spinach under cold water and then drain in a colander, squeezing out all liquid.
- Mix spinach with cheese, bread pieces, egg substitute, scallion, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Pour into the pie pan.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until completely set. Serve immediately (it's best hot).
|Per serving:||121 calories (28% calories from fat), 13 g protein, 4 g total fat (2.2 g saturated fat), 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 10 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||2 lean protein, 1/2 carbohydrate (bread/starch)|