- cooking spray
- 2 Tbs chopped onion
- ½ Tbs chopped canned green chiles, drained
- ½ Cup egg substitute
- 1 Tbs shredded fat-free Monterey Jack cheese
- dash of pepper
- dash liquid hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 10-inch 98% fat-free flour tortilla, warmed
- Lightly coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Cook the onion and chiles in the skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg substitute, cheese, pepper, and Tabasco (if using).
- Pour into skillet and scramble for 3 to 4 minutes, until the eggs are done to taste, but not dry.
- Place the egg mixture along one-third of the tortilla, about 2 inches away from the bottom. Fold up the lower edge, then roll from the side to form a burrito.
Per serving: 150 calories (3% calories from fat), 1 g total fat (trace saturated fat), 16 g protein, 22 g carbohydrates, 4 g dietary fiber, 1 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium
Diabetic exchanges: 2 very low fat protein, 1 carbohydrate (bread/starch), 1 vegetable