Breakfast Banana Split
- ½ medium ripe banana, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- ¼ cup non-fat cottage cheese
- 1 small navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries
- Place banana halves in a shallow soup bowl or banana split dish.
- Top with cottage cheese.
- Arrange orange sections over and around the cottage cheese.
- Puree the raspberries in a food processor or blender until smooth. Drizzle over the fruit and cottage cheese. (You can also reserve some of the raspberries to drop on top of the bananas.)
- Serve at once.
|Per serving:||140 calories (3% calories from fat), <1 gram total fat (0.1 g saturated fat), 9 g protein, 27 g carbohydrates, 4 g dietary fiber, 5 mg cholesterol, 186 g sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 very low-fat protein, 2 carbohydrate (2 fruit)|