Banana Yogurt Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose four, sifted
- 1 packet sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 8 ounces fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 large very ripe banana, mashed
- ½ cup skim milk
- ½ tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites, beaten to soft peaks
- cooking spray
- Combine the flour, sugar substitute, and baking soda in a large bowl. Stir with a fork to combine.
- Add the yogurt, banana, milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir until just moistened.
- Gently fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Lightly coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Working in batches and using a ladle, make 4-inch pancakes. Cook until the bottom is browned and bubbles come to the top of the cakes. Turn and continue to cook until browned.
- Keep pancakes warm in the oven while you cook the rest of the pancakes.
Per serving: 76 calories (7% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 1 total fat (0.1 saturated fat), 14 g carbohydrates, 1 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 236 mg sodium
Diabetic exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (bread/starch)