Baked Apple Frittata
- cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups egg substitute
- 1/3 cup low fat (1%) milk
- ¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, cored, thinly sliced, and sprinkled with fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly coat a 3-quart ovenproof pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg substitute, milk, and flour. Pour into prepared pan.
- Toss the apple slices with the brown sugar and thyme leaves. Arrange apple slices in the middle of the batter.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until frittata is puffed and golden brown. It should be set in the center when the pan is gently shaken.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
|Per serving:||155 calories (4% calories from fat), 11 g protein, 1 g total fat (0.2 g saturated fat), 27 g carbohydrates, 3 g dietary fiber, 1 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 very lean protein, 2 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch, 1 fruit)|