Succulent Zucchini Bread
Total: 1 hour
- cooking spray
- 3 large eggs or 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 7 packets sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon natural vanilla
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, packed in natural juice, well drained
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly coat two 8-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the oil, sugar substitute, vanilla, pineapple, and zucchini and stir well to incorporate.
- In another large bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt (if using). If using, add the walnuts and toss.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until just combined. Spoon into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a tester inserted near the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn out and cool on wire racks.
Note: This fantastic loaf freezes well.
|Per serving (bread only):||118 calories (35% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 5 g total fat (0.6 g saturated fat), 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 32 mg cholesterol,149 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch), 1 fat|