Orange Chocolate Chip Bread
- 3 cups reduced-calorie all-purpose baking mix
- 1 cup skim milk
- ¼ cup orange juice (fresh-squeezed is best, but you can also use regular orange juice, too)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- ½ cup one-to-one sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Place baking mix in medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, orange juice, egg, orange peel, sugar substitute, and vanilla; add all at once to baking mix. Beat until well blended (about 1 minute).
- Stir in small chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 40 to 56 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan, and then remove from pan to wire rack and cool completely.
- Wrap in foil or plastic wrap; store overnight before slicing.
And for fun, you could try orange chocolate chip muffins:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Paper-line or spray 16 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Prepare batter as directed above.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
|Per serving:||120 calories, 3 g protein, 3 g total fat, 20 g carbohydrate, 0 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium|
|Exchanges:||2 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch, 1 fruit), 1/2 fat|