This makes about 2 1/2 cups of Cilantro Chutney, and it tastes best if you make it a day before you plan on serving. That will give the flavors time to mingle and intensify.
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- leaves from 1 sprig of fresh mint (optional)
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch salt (optional)
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- In a food processor or blender, combine everything but the yogurt. Process until finely minced.
- Stir in yogurt. Add salt and white pepper (to taste).
- Transfer mixture to a serving dish, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
|Per 1/4 cup (60 ml) servings:||35 calories (20% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 1 g total fat (0.5 g saturated fat), 4 g carbohydrates, 0 dietary fiber, 3 mg cholesterol, 152 mg potassium, 37 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1/2 carbohydrate (skim milk)|