Bruschetta With Feta Cheese
- 6 slices French or sour dough bread
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup minced fresh basil or flat-leaf parsley
- 2 oz reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- freshly ground pepper
- Grill or toast bread on both sides until golden brown.
- Brush one side of each slice with some of the olive oil and rub with garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine cherry tomatoes, basil, and feta cheese. Spoon 1/6 of the mixture onto each bread slice.
- Add a grinding of fresh pepper and serve.
Per serving: 106 calories (28% calories from fat), 4 g protein, 3 g total fat (1.1 g saturated fat), 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 3 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium
Diabetic exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (bread/starch), 1/2 fat