Black Bean and Corn Relish
To get the best flavor from this Black Bean and Corn Relish, consider making it a day ahead and letting it sit in the refrigerator.
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and well drained
- 1 ½ cups cooked fresh corn, cut from 3 ears of corn (or from frozen)
- 3 scallions, white part and 1 inch green, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, minced (up to 1/2 cup, if you'd like more cilantro flavor)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine the beans and corn in a serving bowl. Stir in scallions, garlic, and cilantro.
- Drizzle mixture with olive oil and lemon juice. Stir well. Add salt (if using) and freshly ground pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
|Per serving:||63 calories (36% calories from fat), 2 g protein, 3 g total fat (0.3 g saturated fat), 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 34 mg sodium|
|Diabetic exchanges:||1/2 carbohydrate (1/2 bread/starch), 1/2 fat|